11.13.2010

Turning a House into a Home

As most of you know, I moved into Brian's house when we first started dating. Yet it wasn't a house, it was a bachelor pad. What made it a bachelor pad?


* Dirty white walls
* Stained GREEN carpet
* Not so clean toilets
* No blinds or curtains
* Dust and Cobwebs EVERYWHERE
* Dead animals hung on the wall as the only decoration

I love my husband, but he has no interior designing bone in his body. Luckily, he has been pretty open minded with everything I have done so far...and a lot more will be coming... baby steps right? And no, there will be no pitter pattering of little feet around these floors anytime soon. Hardwood floors need to come first :)

Since Brian has been with me, we have installed new taller toilets, new carpet on the upper level, all walls have been painted, new doors and window molding, it always smells good, and finally a huge new addition! It's coming along nicely! Here are a few pictures of our improving HOME.


Here's the loft which used to be the master bedroom and now will be the home office! We are still moving into this area and deciding if we want a spare bed or couch in this room along with our desk.



Here's our new master bedroom. We are still in the move in stage. I hope to put an oversize chair and ottoman in one of the corners. I'm still trying to figure out what color bedding I want....its a big decision!







Here's the toilet and just finished tile work in the new master bathroom.





This picture is a little slanted but I can't believe I got on a ladder and painted this entire house. The peak of this wall is about 25 feet high. I have a feeling our house will be staying "Quincy Tan" for a while!



Here's the 3rd and final color for our kitchen. I had painted it yellow...then red...and finally Norwich Brown to be exact. I decided a neutral color was best as it would go with everything.


No comments: